Friday 11 October 2013

My Idea for a Thriller

Initially I had trouble trying to think of a good thriller story. 'Time' seemed an interesting concept so I thought of what I could do with 'time'. I had an idea which didn't focus on the actual storyline as much as it did the concept of the video: The whole thriller could be timed for some reason from start to finish of the thriller (e.g a bomb is counting down throughout the thriller and the characters have some sort of goal they need to achieve). This idea intrigued me because I could see a lot of opportunity for interesting editing, such as close ups on the timer at the very beginning and at the very end of the thriller. I associated bombs with police crimes and ransoms and thought maybe the story could be about a police officer trying to save a loved one, such as a wife or child, and having only a short amount of time to do it. Then I thought of ways of making the thriller particularly interesting so decided it needed a cliffhander: a close up of the clock counting the last few seconds at the very end of the thriller but cutting to the credits at 3 to leave the audience wondering of the policeman solved the crime in the end.

My idea is similar to rush hour where the characters have to save a kidnapped daughter who is forced to wear dynamite for a ransom against her father.


No comments:

Post a Comment